Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a full-time position as a Network Engineer for an industry leader. The Resident Engineer will serve in a highly technical role providing post-sales on-site. The candidate must have a detailed understanding of protocols used for IP based service provider networks and be able to demonstrate technical expertise in the configuration, troubleshooting and operation of IP based routers, switches, and security devices.
- Must be a US CITIZEN and possess a Top Secret Clearance
- Highly technical role providing post-sales on-site support of Junipers Network products
- NOC support and planning of Juniper EX, MX, QFX, SRX network products. SPACE experience a plus
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining a large or medium size WAN.
- Deep understanding of routing and switching technologies commonly implemented in Service Provider networks including: OSPF, BGP, RSVP, LDP, L2VPN, L3VPN, EVPN, MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE), Routing Policies, Multicast and associated tunneling technologies (GRE, IPSec, etc.).
Desired skills include:
- 7+ years Engineering Design/Architecture, Operational, and Support experience in medium to large scale IP networks
- Certifications such as JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE a strong plus
- General experience in Automation and DevOps Concepts: Automation tools, frameworks, and APIs
- Automation access methods: XML API, NETCONF, REST API, gRPC
- Nice to have: Python tools: RPCs, REST, Jinja2
- Nice to have: Ansible: Playbooks and Jinja2 templates
- Automation scripts: Commit, Op, Event, or SNMP scripts; Python and SLAX
- Motivation, a self-starter that can take direction but also identify and engage in areas to improve network design and operation
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work activity to achieve customer and account team goals
- Ability to effectively work under pressure with customer engineers and JTAC to resolve hardware and software issues and implement solutions
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues
- Ability to effectively communicate case status updates and deliver root cause analysis
- Support informal and formal technology briefings and training sessions
*Phenomenal salary and benefits including excellent bonus, stock, 401 with match, etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #102005