Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a long-term position (up to 5 years) as a Database Administrator (DBA Level II) for a growing organization. This person maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s).
- Disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
- Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND POSSESS A CURRENT TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE (Full Scope Polygraph is desired)
- Ten (10) years of experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Information Assurance DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #032102