Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a full-time position as a Database Engineer for a growing organization. This role is split between two locations: Winchester, VA (3 days/week) and REMOTE (2 days/week).
- This person must have experience translating business concepts into actionable technical requirements. The candidate will conduct systems engineering, database development, and client facing program activities for a U.S. law enforcement
- agency. This will include updating existing software/system deployments and/or developing new collaboration solutions to address specific need or solve a particular business problem
- Author custom code, SQL queries, or utilize out-of-the-box components based on business requirements and system specifications. (VB scripting)
- Develop and design reporting, and database solutions using sound, repeatable, and industry best practices, within MS SQL Server.
- Resolve highly complex issues, conduct advanced research, and recommend innovations.
- Work with customers and users to evaluate, estimate, and perform application development and/or business process change requests.
- Provide timely and effective maintenance support and problem resolution for the existing software applications, Application program Interface (API) and database systems.
- Perform impact assessment on systems/application changes and new or revised requirements as needed; follow appropriate change management and control procedures.
- Create/update detailed application system design documentation, including but not limited to, System Requirements, Traceability, Design, Test, and Operations & Maintenance.
- Provide timely updates weekly and monthly on tasks and meet internal and client deadlines with high-quality deliverables.
- Must be a US CITIZEN and possess a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is or 15+ total technical experience in database administration/development required.
- 10+ years of experience within the database development lifecycle, to include understanding of Database Development process, including specification,
- documentation, and testing/quality assurance models.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with SQL Server, complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and experience with SQL/Query tolls to extract and update
- 7+ years of experience in requirements development and management
- 5 years of experience in VMWare, Datrium, and other HCI solutions is a plus.
- Must have the ability to work directly with end-users to understand and translate business problems and readily identify solutions.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and the ability to quickly grasp business domain knowledge and apply them to solve business problems.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to travel to and work in Winchester, VA 3 days a week and work from Chantilly, VA 2 days a week.
Great salary and benefits!
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #102109