Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime REMOTE position as a Deltek Database Manager/Business Analyst.
This person will serve as the main point of contact and lead for the Deltek Vantagepoint System. Assists users with set up, training and troubleshooting. Works collaboratively with management to understand business needs and identify opportunities to best utilize Deltek to achieve identified business goals.
* Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Deltek system including managing user setup, permissions and workflows, as well as supporting enhancements, upgrades and installations. Provides support to users to implement solutions and troubleshoot user issues, escalating as needed.
* Through prior knowledge and experience, as well as continuous learning, develops into the subject matter expert of the Deltek Vantagepoint system. Attends Deltek product and educational webinars to maintain awareness of developments and opportunities.
* Works with the Managing Director, Business Operations and other leaders to develop the strategy related to optimizing the use of Deltek. Identifies and leads opportunities to create system implementation initiatives and process improvement initiatives. Promotes widespread integration of Deltek into operational processes.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the front-end application screens, functions and job processing and how this ties to the database tables and other applications, functions and processes.
* Collaborates with business units to ensure the system meets their needs, seeking to understand reporting requirements and develop reports and dashboards to meet those needs.
* Provides guidance, training, and support on core application functionality. Develops training and presents to others within the firm on use of Deltek, including new employee orientation, refresher courses, and training on system enhancements.
* Interfaces directly with Deltek and outside systems consultants to troubleshoot major issues.
* Creates and maintains application documentation, standards, and procedures.
* Develop a strong understanding of project management and administrative requirements to guide future system development.
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies and related tools.
* With spare capacity, support accounting function/operations.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, equivalent technical school training, with 5 years related work experience such as computer science, information systems, database or system administration, or business-technology integration
* Experience implementing and/or maintaining a Deltek Vantagepoint system, with demonstrated understanding of the system architecture and the interconnections between its components.
* Experience with or foundational understanding of project management, including a high degree of interaction with senior stakeholders. Project management certification is welcome but not required.
* Project accounting experience or at least strong familiarity with its operations is desired.
* Strong analytical skills and sound business judgement, as well as demonstrated solutions orientation.
* Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and growth.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must possess good judgment and can respond and effectively handle multiple and changing priorities.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills.
* Demonstrated presenting and training coworkers on system.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and familiarity with Salesforce.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the
essential functions of the job):
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and
write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Minimal local and/or national travel necessary. Ability to work long hours occasionally and as business needs dictate.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #052105