Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime position as a FSR Systems Engineer (Active TOP SECRET clearance required) in Washington, DC. This person will be responsible for all aspects of the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test process, adhering to the DoD Systems Engineering process and principles as applied to Army research and development programs and middle tier of acquisition rapid prototyping programs. Will work effectively as a team member on a variety of engineering and acquisition disciplines and topics.
- Develop DoD Systems Engineering supporting documentation, e.g, SEMPs, TEMPs, and a variety of DID formatted documents, e.g., DODAF, ICDs, SDDs, etc.
- Develop DoD 5000 compliant technical documentation and briefings to support engineering reviews (CDR); Other Transaction Authority (OTA) prototyping/production decisions; Developmental and Operational testing; and formal DoD milestone reviews (MS B/MS C/FRP).
- Support internal program configuration control / management board processes and procedures.
- Interface with USG / PMO technical support engineers / staff during systems engineer processes; generate technical responses to USG inquiries.
- Support all facets of the DoD Systems Engineering process execution to provide a structured approach to increasing the technical maturity of the system and increasing the likelihood that the capability being developed balances mission performance with cost, schedule, risk, and design constraints.
- Execute and mature the Systems Engineering Management Plan and the supporting Systems Engineering activities over the lifecycle, e.g., requirements development, systems engineering, design, integration, cost estimating, risk management, schedule tracking, test and evaluation, issue management, sustainment, etc.
- Oversee system level and subsystem level subcontractor hardware trade studies in support of design capture, decomposition, and refinement of technical / program requirements.
- Support Systems Integration Lab establishment and effectiveness for baseline configuration management activities.
- Support, represent, and collaborate on developmental and operational evaluations, assessments, and tests; generate field test reports and interface with the PMO and broader test community, as applicable.
- Ability to quickly perform a variety of Systems Engineering functions with minimal guidance.
- Ability to effectively brief stakeholders on technical and Systems Engineering disciplines using strong written and verbal communication skills
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND POSSESS AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
- 10+ years’ experience in Army research and developmental programs; prefer experience in at least one ACAT 1D program
- Completed Level 3 DoD Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Certification
- 3+ years’ experience in programs employing OTA contracts
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or engineering field of study
Compensation includes a great salary, full healthcare benefits, bonus, and 3 weeks of PTO, 10 Federal holidays, etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #112104