Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a full-time position as a Proposal Manager for a growing organization. In this position, you will review requests for proposals (RFPs); develop proposal plans, outlines, and schedules; and lead the proposal development team, providing the necessary leadership to ensure that
the proposal product is fully responsive to the acquisition requirements and that it is prepared in a way that communicates a winning solution with clear discriminators. The Proposal Manager assembles and reviews the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, and production
personnel. The Proposal Manager guides proposal team contributors in preparing the technical components of the proposal, including an understanding of the task, plan, past performance, and personnel. The Proposal Manager reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality, and effective design and layout.
- Create proposal artifacts (kick-off package, outline, compliance matrix, and schedule) based on solicitation instructions and engage the proposal team in a timely manner.
- Lead Gate Review meetings and offer bid/no-bid recommendations.
- Assign authors and use SMEs as needed to obtain all proposal content needed to develop compliant proposals (engineering, contracts, and project management).
- Communicate with authors/SMEs in regards to the schedule for information and ensure deadlines are met.
- Write/rewrite as needed to further ensure compliance and conciseness throughout the proposal.
- Schedule pink/red/gold team reviews for the draft, final, and price at a minimum as schedule allows.
- Facilitate routine stand-up meetings to track action items and proposal development progress.
- Organize all proposal data in central files, maintain version control, track proposal development, manage data calls/responses from vendors and partners.
- Gather data from all members of the proposal team and assemble it into a final proposal.
- Kick off pink /red/gold team reviews, assess reviewer comments, and direct authors in the next steps.
- Maintain master solicitation documents. Distribute amendments and updates as needed.
- Coordinate hand-off of information needed by Contract Management and Project Management at the time of the award.
- Facilitate the process for oral presentations or demos, if required, or other activities until the proposal is awarded.
- Conduct and coordinate post-submittal activities to include debriefing, lessons learned, revalidation of strategy, BAFOs, FPRs, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc and structured reporting on all opportunities/projects. Manage and prioritize workload in partnership with Sales Managers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure proposal historical life cycle data (team members, schedule, project notes, and financial data) is captured (real-time or near real-time) in Salesforce.com
- Develop and maintain relationships with service partners.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is a minimum requirement
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with proposal development or proposal coordination
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to interpret a solicitation’s proposal instructions and create appropriate outlines and content.
- Ability to analyze solicitation requirements to help identify all data that will be needed.
- Ability to analyze proposal development progress and status within defined schedules.
- Ability to determine if data received is compliant with RFP and company policies.
- Ability to manage and provide innovative proposal solutions and creatively solving problems.
- Ability to write non-technical proposal sections effectively and convincingly as needed.
- Must have strong interpersonal relation skills, communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and proactive work ethic.
- Strong knowledge of the proposal development process is required. Knowledge of Shipley's business development lifecycle process is preferred.
- Strong organization skills are required.
- Must have a high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-conventional hours to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work non-conventional hours at times to ensure that proposal(s) are submitted before the deadline(s)
Great salary and benefits!
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #102110