Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime position as a Senior Cloud Engineer for a growing organization in Washington, DC. The person in this role will be working with a federal government client on a Cloud-based service solution to support the migrations, modernizations, refactoring, and operations and maintenance for all cloud integrated services based on Agile methodologies. The organization provides services to a broad customer base. The customer base consists of a large and diverse user base that requires customer centric support and delivery. Current cloud services include cloud and applications management of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to include development, staging, production, and Database and MS Windows support services.
The project requires a wide range of skillsets and capabilities including management of cloud based computing services, end to end technical requirements management for enterprise IT services, support of Government Off The Shelf (GOTS) / Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) application integration and interoperability for customer developed components, expertise in program management, business and requirements analysis, integration, testing, change management, innovative architectural support, ongoing cloud and application management.
The scope of the services include:
- Cloud and Application Management support
- IT program and project management
- Agile Software Development Processes
- Business Analysis and Requirement management
- Application, service and cloud architecture support
- Change Management Support
- Integration with databases and applications
- Platform Support and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Linux System Administration
- User guides, governance and system documentation
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) Support
- Manage Cloud based commodity computing services and Shared Services
- Support for new and evolving technologies
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a DHS Public Trust certification
- Bachelor in IT discipline
- Seven (7) in computer programming and analysis of complete info sys, application or operating sys s/w. Five years (5) in select programming language or environment. Substitution for degree: 1.5 years of experience for every year of education
- Programming and/or Scripting background, specifically in Software and Cloud Automation, Python Scripting, Typescript (In relation to Cloud), Ansible, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and other languages which can translate to Azure environment infrastructure as code.
- Hands on experience preferable. Leadership or management experience not as valuable for this role, especially for Sr. Developer.
- Azure working environment skills. Certifications or experiencing developing for or working within Cloud Environments.
- Experience participating in requirements gathering, technical design development and Software development SOP Development.
- Critical Thinking in analysis of complex software issues and system analysis.
- JIRA working Knowledge within an Agile Team. Really looking for folks who know the day-to-day cadence of documenting their work and participating in an Agile lifecycle.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #042101