Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a full-time position as a Cyber System Engineer for a growing organization in Springfield, VA. This person will work as a team member to provide support in the area of Cybersecurity.
• Identify baseline, capability and coverage gaps
• Recommend process improvements
• Plan future requirements and capabilities
• Support specific technical efforts to enable mission assurance, resiliency, and defensive cyber operations
• Assist w/validation & verification of MDT activities. Provide research, independent analysis, documentation, Conops development, planning, capability assessments and proof of concept activities
• Assess current and proposed changes to relevant processes, procedures, apps & infrastructure
• Articulate priorities, risks, issues and opportunities
• Ensure future capabilities are sound, meet documented requirements and standards and are maintainable for MDT operations.
• Current U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
• BS Degree in Science, Technology, Eng. or Math (STEM) or an advanced IA certification
• DoD 8570 L3 certification in IAT or IAM
• Ability to assist MDTs with all aspects of cyber identification, protection, detection and response in order to be able to understand and recommend approaches and solutions to enable the MDT’s mission
• Experience with the customer’s operations environment; mission systems familiarity
• Understanding IPv4, networking, packet capture/analysis, routing/switching infrastructure, Cross-Domain Solutions, Type 1 & 2 encryption and intrusion detection system operations/functionality
• Experience with active and passive CND solutions and the analytics used to perform Defensive Cyber Operations with Mission Assurance to include Syslog, Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), IDS, Full
Packet Capture, Elastic Stack, SIEM (ArcSight, LogRhythm, Splunk, etc.)
• AWS/C2S Cloud familiarity/experience and associated AWS/C2S Cybersecurity Services
• Ability to work in highly decentralized organization requiring both virtual and physical interaction with mission partners across organizational boundaries.
Desired skills include:
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
• Experience briefing senior customer personnel
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
• Familiarity with customer's IA processes
Compensation includes: Great Salary package, bonus, healthcare benefits, 401K (10% of salary), etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #042202SP