Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime position as a Fiber Optic Technician. This person will be responsible for the monitoring, triage, and repair of the Fiber Optic (dark and lit) Network.
• Administrative support of the OTDR systems and tools
• Maintenance of the OTDR systems and tools
• Reactive response to alarms and anomalies identified by the OTDR monitoring system
• Placing/replacing/moving fiber patch cables as required by collocations partners (e.g. AT&T) and tenants (e.g. Amazon HQ2).
• Benchmark testing each fiber A-Z run and/or fiber bundle after initial installation
• Test fibers prior to activation by a partner or tenant and compare to benchmark
• Triage fiber optic anomalies identified by the OTDR monitoring system, OTDR testing, and/or customer-initiated trouble tickets
• Initiating, updating, and closing CRM tickets
• Field repair of fiber optics on the property including:
? Replacing fiber runs up to 1,000 feet with floor, ceiling, or conduit (with string) access
? Replace or repair fiber patches
? Replace or repair fiber patch panels
? Repair fiber splices and connectors
• Maintain extensive records of all OTDR systems, fiber operations and maintenance, issue information and resolution
• On call site availability
• Customer interactions, internal and external
• Reacting to network anomalies, providing technical assistance to customers and partners, and network repair triage
• Expert on the tools deployed within the location as well as fiber optics installation, splicing, connectorized, and repair equipment
• Work with complex customers including Telecommunications and Cloud service providers
• Must be Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
• 5+ years’ experience with fiber optic repair and maintenance
• Experience with commercial building management, repairs, and operations
• Experience working the business customers with a 24*7 expectation of availability
• Telecommunications experience to include a level understanding of
o Fiber Optic networks and systems
o 4G/5G wireless networks and systems
o Maintenance requirements of wireline and wireless networks
o Working with telecommunications services providers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile)
• Network monitoring systems
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems for customer ticketing
• Strong customer interaction qualities
• Adaptability: Responds effectively to changing constraints; Adapts own behavior to suit the situation; Seeks to
understand the causes of change and resulting improvements.
• Attention to Detail: Able to “zoom in” to detail quickly and accurately; Checks for information and picks up on
discrepancies/mistakes; Makes detailed comparisons between similar sources.
• Reliability: Responds effectively to clear direction and follows set procedures; Solves immediate problems, escalating where appropriate; Adheres to Attendance & Punctuality guidelines.
• Results Orientation: Able to focus on important issues; Regularly refocuses on results; Demonstrates a drive to
exceed performance targets
• Systematic Thinking: Makes effective use of organizational systems and processes; Takes an organized
approach to thinking through issues; Applies learning to new situations.
• Task Management: Prioritizes tasks and monitors progress; Makes realistic estimates of time and resource
requirements; Sees individual tasks through to completion.
*** Great benefits including healthcare, health savings account, dental, vision, 401K, disability, paid time off, etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #082206