Submit Your Resume
Senior Developer, Washington, DC
We are staffing a fulltime position as a Senior Developer in Washington, DC for a growing organization.
- Applying expertise in software development to solving business issues
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical users
- Possessing good client-facing interpersonal skills (i.e., comfortable and effective acting as liaison between multiple technology groups and representing groups in
- large scale meetings)
- Having experience in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle (SELC) including initial design/analysis through deployment.
- Designing and developing documents and tests and maintaining applications in a selected programming language or environment
- Working with analysts and customers to derive requirements for use cases/scenarios
- Determining the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, and consulting with engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and
- Planning, assigning work when acting in a lead role, determining designs, collecting metrics on all associated development tasks, coding, debugging, creating
- documentation, conducting tests and building applications on a predefined schedule.
- Producing and implementing design specifications, documenting design modifications and unit testing results
- Identifying and working with strategic and technology partners to discover new product solutions
- Planning, designing and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator
- Planning, designing and developing user interfaces
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated deployment processes and best practices for SharePoint solution deployments to multiple environments (features,
- WSPs, etc.)
- Maintaining current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures as the technology base evolves
- Facilitating meetings to determine the validity and priority of issues found within products, both internally as well as reproduced issues logged through Technical
- Investigating, identifying and resolving complex code issues logged internally by the QA team and externally by our clients through Technical Support
- Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills
- Troubleshooting and resolving application issues
- May have to supervise subordinate software programmers and assist in their creation of a quality product.
- Minimum/General Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in computer programming and analysis of complex information systems, application, or operating
system software. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in select programming language or environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT discipline
- Must be a US CITIZEN and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #012203