Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime position as a Systems Engineer/Technical Lead (partially REMOTE) for a growing organization in Washington, DC. This person will work to improve and shape all aspects of software development code standards, tools, and techniques.
- Technical lead in providing client contract support regarding company’s software integration projects which may be required to be on-site at the client location in Washington DC at least 2 days a week during client projects. This includes Operations & Maintenance and Development work.
- Responsible for submitting and managing all client’s change request orders (CRs) as it relates to deploying company’s software updates and surrounding activities.
- Responsible for making sure company’s on-premise web hosted software is installed and integrated successfully within client sites Windows operating environment with maximum performance and security best practices.
- Plan and implements software integration and system automation as required for better
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- efficiency as it relates to the integration of our application in the client environments.
- Support and defines customers’ need and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Ability to manage and monitor the company’s AWS Linux/Windows infrastructure to ensure system updates are up to date, secure and ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitors and evaluate internal and client’s external Windows/Linux system logs for troubleshooting outages or performance issues.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools internally and for our external customers as it relates to the integration of our application in the client environment.
- Implements warranty and support activities across our customers as it pertains to the integration of our application in the client environment.
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction to internal and external IT support staff as it relates to the integration of our application in the client environment.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for the successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure, system and software installation documentation.
- Participate in meetings and travel to client sites to support on-premise software installations, if required.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in integrating web applications in Microsoft (IIS) and Linux system environments (WAMP/LAMP)
- 5+ years of Sys Engineer and/or DevOps experience
- Good cloud experience
- Information security
- Network experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow clear instructions according to client demands
- Strong analytical, root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills
- Creative ability to produce effective solutions to client problems
- Good team player that is enthusiastic about delivering results
- Able to work seated in front of a computer screen for long hours at a time
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, master’s degree preferred.
- Certifications are desired
Compensation includes a great salary, bonus, 401K, healthcare, mostly remote work, 3 weeks of vacation, sick leave, etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #082207