Submit Your Resume
We are staffing a fulltime position as a Telecom Colocation Manager for a growing organization with great benefits. This position will be in charge of the facility on a daily basis, supporting the backbone, etc. This is a hands-on role that requires good customer service skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be available to be on call.
- Heavy Fiber Optics Experience
- OTDR (tester) experience
- Fiber Splicing experience is desired
• 5+ years’ experience as a Colocation Manager within a large organization
• Experience with commercial building management, repairs, and operations
• Experience working the business customers with a 24*7 expectation of availability
• Telecommunications experience to include management level understanding of
- Fiber Optic networks and systems
- 4G/5G wireless networks and systems
- Maintenance requirements of wireline and wireless networks
- Working with telecommunications services providers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile)
• Network monitoring systems – Viavi OTR System preferred
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems for customer ticketing
• Strong customer interaction qualities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
• Valid state driver’s license (non-negligent driving record)
• Familiar but not necessarily an expert on the fiber monitoring system and repair equipment
• Monitor the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and
• Maintain accurate records of fiber equipment and assignment/cross-connect database
• Maintain site access/security for approved personnel for the collocation facility
• Technical management of fiber colocation facility – hands on technical services to support
• Escalation of any facility issues to call out list
• Management of fiber optic surveillance equipment for NOC and other outside groups to monitor
• Create/Maintain a schedule for on call support
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures
• Coordinate contractors for any needed repairs or equipment installation
• Coordinate with colocations tenants (E.G. AT&T, Verizon, AWS, Microsoft)
• Identify cage and fiber termination locations
• Observe technicians to ensure proper security and protocol
• Provide assistance as needed
• Monitor communications for partners and customers (phone, email, text, chat)
• Coordinate and manage Assistant Facilities Manager & Fiber Optic Technicians (FOT)
• In the facility (E.G. performing OTDR tests, running/replacing patches, etc.)
• Outside facility (E.G. repair/replace fiber runs, patches, and panels, etc.)
• Ensure all operations adhere to quality standards and oversee annual audits reviewing all quality processes to
achieve ISO level certifications.
• Monitor dispatches in real time
• Provide monthly status reports as required demonstrating the facility performance results for monthly, quarterly, and annual periods.
• On call 24x7x365 for facility or network issues or emergencies
• Initiating, tracking, managing, and reporting tickets on the selected CRM system
• Normal Business Hours of operation at facility or on the facility grounds
Great benefits including healthcare, health savings account, dental, vision, 401K, disability, paid time off, etc.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #082204